FUT Hair Transplant in Miami
FUT Hair Transplant
Care4Hair provides Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) for patients in Miami and worldwide who suffer from unwanted hair loss. Whether your hair loss is due to age, genetics, hormonal changes, and trauma or injury, our specialists will recommend the best transplantation method to provide you with permanent and natural-looking results. Once your doctor determines that you are healthy enough for a hair transplant, he will assist in comparing the FUT hair transplant surgery with other methods before you make a final choice.
What Is The FUT Hair Transplant?
During FUT hair transplantation, the doctor cuts a strip of hair-bearing skin from the back of the head and dissects the follicles individually. These follicles are then inserted into the balding parts of the patient’s scalp. The FUT technique is ideal for patients suffering from advanced hair loss who want to cover a large portion of the scalp. While other hair transplantation methods are less invasive, a FUT hair transplant is preferable for patients with more severe balding since it yields more grafts in a shorter time.
Benefits Of The FUT Technique
- Ideal for large balding regions
- Quicker than other methods (4-6 hours per session)
- Less costly
- More grafts in less time
- Requires minimal shaving
- The FUT method leaves a sizeable scar
- Requires stitches
- Longer recovery period (10-14 days)
- Limited mobility during recovery
- Greater risk of complications (blood loss, infections, etc.)
Candidates For A FUT Hair Transplant In Miami
The ideal candidate for FUT hair transplant in Miami is in overall good health and does not suffer from any medical condition that will make the operation unsafe. Patients suffering from advanced hair loss can benefit from this procedure as it delivers results more consistent with their aesthetic goals. Various types of hair loss are commonly treated through FUT hair transplant, including male and female pattern baldness, hair loss caused by facial plastic surgery, trauma and injuries.
The age is also an important factor to consider. For example, men can experience male pattern baldness in their 20s and it can continue into their late 30s. Hence, FUT hair transplant in Miami may not be a good idea for younger men since they may continue experiencing significant hair loss as they age. The thirties is generally a great time to get evaluated for FUT hair transplant. During the first consultation, the surgeon will determine if the patient is ready for this procedure.
Risks And Challenges Of A FUT Hair Transplant
As with any surgery, the FUT hair transplant has certain risks and challenges associated with it. Some possible complications include but are not limited to:
- Inflammation of hair follicles (folliculitis)
- Excessive bleeding from the incision site
- Prolonged numbness and swelling
- Tension around the donor strip
- Adverse reaction to the anesthetic
You will discuss your complete medical history at your initial consultation. It is essential to disclose all former and current health conditions and any surgical complications you experienced in the past to avoid unnecessary drawbacks during your hair transplant.
FUT Hair Transplant Cost
The cost of a hair transplant is calculated on a per-graft basis. The price per graft of a FUT hair transplant in the United States can be as high as $7.00USD per graft. On average, Care4Hair charges between $2.00 and $3.50USD per graft. The overall FUT procedure cost varies from patient to patient. For a personalized quote, schedule a free consultation with Care4Hair in Miami now!
FUT Scar Restoration Options
The issue of scaring should be discussed with your surgeon. With FUT hair transplant, all patients are left with a large strip-like hair transplant scar, only noticeable if the patient’s head is completely shaved. Some hair transplant scar repair options include:
- W-plasty technique – This technique is used on medium to large scars to alter an old scar caused by FUT and improve scar quality. The scar can be reduced to 80%.
- Implanting hair with the FUE technique – This is also a brilliant method for scar restoration, and it yields natural results.
- Scalp Micro Pigmentation (SMP) – The Journal of Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology suggests that this technique is very effective at covering up visible scars from FUT. The procedure consists of tattooing the skin to give the impression of growing hair.